The Sciencewise programme will only support dialogue projects in areas where there is a clear commitment to the project findings informing policy development. Once a project is concluded, the Sciencewise programme team continues to track the policy impacts of a dialogue. The links below take you to short case studies that summarise the impacts of some recent projects.
Download the case studies here.
- Genomic Medicine Case Study
- Consent to use human tissue and linked health data in research Dialogue Case Study
- Future Cities Dialogue Case Study
- Data Science Dialogue Case Study
- Mitochondrial Replacement Therapy Dialogue Case Study
- Nanotechnologies Dialogue Case Study
- Drones Dialogue Case Study
For further details about each project – or to find out about over 40 other projects – go to the Projects Library section.
As part of our commitment to monitoring the impact of our work, there have also been periodic evaluations of the Sciencewise programme overall.
The links below take you to examples of past programme evaluations.
- Sciencewise Evaluation Report (2011)
- Sciencewise Evaluation Report, Annexes (2011)
- Sciencewise Evaluation Report (2013)
- Sciencewise Evaluation Report (2014)
- Sciencewise Evaluation Report (2015)
- Sciencewise Review main report and case studies (2020)
- Sciencewise public dialogue impact report (2023)
“[You] do feel that you were actually sending a message directly to Government and that it’s being listened to.”
Public participant, Big Energy Shift dialogue
“It had a huge impact in terms of the way I think about science and how scientific priorities are set.” Stakeholder, Nanodialogues